[Steppes] Calligraphy and illumination

Art Chik jagcom16 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 17:29:55 PDT 2006

Greetings to all!  I just wanted to mention that at last evening's C&I meeting, where I got to meet some very cool Steppes folks, Lady Nuala gave a presentation on scribal work which was very interesting and helpful.  I believe she will be presenting it again at the scribal symposium, so I wanted to highly recommend it to others who might be interested.  It was very useful to me, being new to the Steppes, and helped introduce me to how C&I are done here as well as to what materials are best to use (and how to use them).  The info even managed to get thru to my sleep-deprived brain (I'd had only 2 hours sleep the nite before) and lodge some useful details in ROM.  The wonderful and kindly C&I group even let me work on a scroll!  Anyway, it was all very cool.

  Cheers!
  Befind the Befuddled