[Steppes] A pre-event thank you...

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 09:51:17 PDT 2006

This is a pre-event thank you to those who have already put in some
exceptionally hard work helping me get the sideboard ready for Queen's Champion.

Her Grace, Mistress Willow -- marzipan roses, decorations for the table and
hall
Her Grace, Baroness Valeria -- marzipan roses
Countess Regina -- donating and cooking roast beef, helping Mistress Kalida
with preparing site tokens for Steppes Artisan (getting ME off the hook!).  Her
lord also helped with the site tokens for Artisan.
Mistress Kalida -- teaching us how to make marzipan roses, making a bunch,
and furnishing a location for preparing and storing them -- not to mention
feeding us all pizza as a reward!
Mistress Xene -- marzipan roses, decorations, support, and logistics
HL Suzanna -- marzipan roses

Thanks to these ladies, we have over 200 beautiful marzipan roses, and
Mistress Kalida is ahead of the game on the site tokens for Artisan.  Plus, it was a
wonderful afternoon of talk, sharing stories (thanks again, Willow!) and
actually quite fun.

There will, of course be many additional thank yous at the event, but I felt
that these deserved special word fame.  They were all gracious ladies (and one
gentleman) who gave up an entire Sunday afternoon to help out.  It certainly
proved out the old adage that many hands make an easy job, and in the case, a
merry one too!

In service to the Barony of the Steppes, and the Canton of Lindenwood,

Honorable el-Sayyidda Saqra al-Kudsi
Feastocrat, Queen's Champion

P.S.  A special thank you to two Steppes people: to Baroness Anne Louise of
Blue Castle, former Baroness of the Steppes, who is donating refrigerator space
for a lot of this food until the event, and Lord Alaidair who came out in
blistering 105 degree heat to help me locate and load serving dishes and utensils
from the Steppes/Lindenwood locker.