[Steppes] A Thanks for help at Queens

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 21:24:15 PDT 2006

Greeting All and Well Wishes from Master Philip White, Event Steward for
Queen’s Champion and Lindenwood’s Midsummer’s Masque.

It again has been such a joy to be able to serve in honor of the Crown and
this Kingdom. The people of the Canton of Lindenwood and the Barony of the
Steppes have really grown to work as a family and working around such fine
people is always a pleasure.

Each opportunity to work with these people affords new chances to grow and
improve friendships. I am very thankful to experience such support.  I thank
Her Stellar Majesty Queen Britta McGregor as well as His Stellar Majesty
Aaron for entrusting me with the honor or organizing this Tourney. As well,
I thank Baron 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim Baroness Valeria Richila Navarro
for Their continued support of our Canton. Our Seneschal of the Canton,
Mistress Xene Theriane, really went above and beyond any expectations and
without her help the event would not nearly have been as successfull.

I want to thank my staff of volunteers by name.  I hope that I recall every
one of them to let you know of there efforts for this event.  This is by no
means the only people who I depended on and if I fail to mention your name,
my sincere apologies.

Much gratitude goes out to Honorable Lady Saqra al-Kudsi who was our cook
for the mid-day sideboard. She was assisted by Countess Regina Gunnvor
Morningstar who donated roasts to the event at no expense to the Canton.
Regina also coordinated the pot luck dessert sideboard. Mistress Kalida
Aristana was good to open her doors to help us make marzipan roses for the
sideboard. She also donated some very beautiful pottery as prizes. Honorable
Lord Daniel Stewart was very generous to donate site tokens for the event.

Honorable Lady Elin the Timid was good to organize our gate volunteers. She
was assisted by Lady Sunnifa Eiriksdottir as our Event Treasurer. Honorable
Lady Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio was good to step in and create our
event website. Lady Hanna von Dahl helped manage the arts and sciences
display.

Set up was a team effort. Lady Genna Concetta Chiaramonte made sure that
everything was set up for the tournament outdoors.  The hall was set up by
Lady Maria Cabeca de Vaca with assistance for decorations by Duchess Willow
de Wisp. Our children were entertained by Lady Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi.

The Queen’s Tourney was run by Don Ingwe of Jorvik who worked as our
Marshall in Charge. For the Queen’s Hope Tourney Mistress Rhiannon ferch
Cian was very helping working as the Youth Marshall in Charge as well at the
list mistress for that tourney. Lady Eithne the Healer quickly volunteered
to work as our chirurgeon in charge. The water bearer for our event was Karl
Browder with help from Aingeal Mac an Ghabhann.

As well, I thank all those who helped during the event in any capacity.
There really was a number of people who stepped forward to take time out of
their day and make sure things could happen. The White Scarves and their
Cadets, dancers, and artisans, friends and family all pitched in. The people
who opened their homes for crash space, marshaled, heralded, cleaned and
mopped were so helpful. Your service is sometimes unnoticed but it is by no
way essential to our enjoyment. Thank you.

Your Servant to Command,
- p.w.