[Steppes] Lindenwood's new Knight Marshal and other stuff

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Sun Jun 4 14:24:39 PDT 2006

Thursday, June 1st, we had a well-attended meeting at the monthly Lindenwood
business/populace, with two new faces in attendance.

Big News! Lord Phelippe Descors has been named Lindenwood's Acting Knight
Marshal with his official warrant to be signed at King's Round Table.
Yeah!!! (much applause here).

We Need Input! We had some discussion about the possible times and places
for a Lindenwood fighter practice. Lord Phelippe asked for input from the
populace so that he can make an informed decision. Weekly practices are not
required, so we could look at having one once a month. If you are interested
in attending a fighter practice in Southern or Western Dallas County, please
get in touch with Lord Phelippe, e-mail him at  fraydude at charter.net . He is
looking at sites in Irving, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville,
Midlothian, Waxahachie.

Offices. We have several offices open for bid, including (but not limited
to) Vscribe, Herald, Hospitaler, Rapier Marshal, Youth Combat Marshal,
Archery Marshal, MOC, and Chirurgeon. They aren't mandatory, but we'd love
to have them filled:)

Believe it or Not! At the meeting, Lady Maria was unable to attend due to
family matters, but she has plans for next Saturday's event (BIOT) well in
hand. She has a slate of wonderful instructors and classes lined up, but
could always use more. There looks to be a lot of interest in the
tournament, although Lady Alexandria is unable to be the list mistress as
planned due to previous commitments. Lady Maria will be putting out a call
for volunteers for the event, including the list mistress position. Llywelyn
and I are providing prizes for the Heavy and Light lists; an armor bag for
the Chivalric winner and golf club travel case (it holds rapiers) for the
Rapier winner.

Court? I have not heard back from the Vicaress to know whether or not they
will be in attendence and holding Court. I will be attending Steppes
populace Tuesday night to find out. BIOT is on the Kingdom Calendar....

Money.Financial Reports are now caught up and in order. Lady Sunnifa is
doing a great job and had the April financial reports ready for me to sign.
She really wants someone to take over the webpage (see Vscribe office
opening above). Sunnifa will be running gate at BIOT.

Queen's. Master Phillip discussed Queen's and Masqued Ball. He was working
on the two-page spread to go into the July Black Star. Interest is high in
the event and he has sent me a copy of his budget (which I forgot at home!)
and we will meet at BIOT to discuss Queen's and how it will work best at the
Senter East site.

Looking Way Ahead:      Lady Amiliona is back from her travels and was going
to go by the Irving Parks and Rec department on Friday to drop off the key
and see if she could reserve Senter East for December 30th. When I picked up
the key, that was the only day we could get it from 8 am - 11 pm on a
Saturday in December. Bids are open for an autocrat for our Yule Revel. It
will be the week before Steppes 12th Night and will be a good time to sew
and prepare for the event.

Next Meeting: July 6th. We will have lots to discuss about Queen's and do a
post-mortem review on BIOT. How appropriate! Please join us for business and
fellowship.

In Service,

Mistress Xene Theriane, Seneschal to the Canton of Lindenwood.