[Steppes] [Lindenwood] Believe It or Not

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Sun Jun 11 18:55:00 PDT 2006

Thank you for your kind words, Lady Nuala,

Lindenwood was honored by many wonderful guests and visitors, including
yourself and your lord. Some of our visitors traveled from as far away as
Bjornsborg, Namron, and Emerald Keep.

Indoors, the classes were interesting and varied, the spontaneous arts and
crafts demonstrations were impressive, and the laughter of children and
adults under the gaming pavilion was infectuous. While the weather was warm,
the pleasant breeze and plentiful shade kept the participants in the outdoor
activities comfortable.

We had a nice turn-out and we achieved our tri-fold goals for the event:
1) To Have Fun (in a relaxed and "weird" way)
2) To Have Fun (and perhaps increase our coffers)
3) and to familiarize ourselves and the populace with the new site that will
be used for Queen's Championship and Masqued Ball next month.

My personal goal was to allow Lady Maria to be a (hopefully) successful
autocrat. She achieved that and even more. I was honored to be her mentor
and received many compliments on her hard work. Maria will be writing up the
"post-mortem" event report and posting it to the list along with her thanks
to the many teachers, coordinators, and helpers.

And, of course, I *will* be taking bids for next year:)

In Service,

Mistress Xene Theriane, OL, OP
Seneschal, Canton of Lindenwood
Barony of the Steppes