[Steppes] SMU Medieval Faire next Wednesday

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 06:47:43 PST 2006

The SMU Medieval Faire is coming up next Wednesday, April 5, from 11:30 am until 1:30 pm. Anyone and everyone who is available is welcome to attend. We need folks to display items or  perform a dance or show off their costumes, etc.  Tables and chairs will be provided, but you might want to bring your chair just in case.

  I MUST know if you are going to be there by this Sunday morning.  Even if you have already responded, I need to get a true head count so we can get parking passes (parking is a challenge there folks).

Note that metal weapons are not allowed on our campus. However, wooden representations are okay with the campus police as long as they do not have a metal or 'real weapon' sharp edge (pointy edges on wooden weapons are fine).

  Here are the directions to the location.

    Make your way to 75. You will be exiting Lovers Lane, no matter which direction (North or South) you are coming from.

  Take the Lovers Lane Exit off of 75 and head SOUTH on the Access Road. DO NOT GET ONTO LOVERS LANE. Take the Access Road SOUTH until you get to University Boulevard. Turn Right. You will be in a residential area. Go through the first two stop signs. The THIRD stop sign will be a three-way stop with University ending and a parking lot in front of you. This is the parking lot in which you will park. Someone will be there to meet you and give you your parking pass.

  If you have any questions or have trouble finding it, please do not hesitate to call Ava at 214 733 0710.  She is our SMU contact there.

  Please let me know ASAP if you will be able to attend.  Also, if you are coming, I can send you a map of the area that was provided.  I just cant post it to the list, so make sure you RSVP!

  Yours in Service
  Lady Katheryn Cunningghame