[Steppes] OT-Services for Lasgard's daughter

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Wed Nov 22 16:05:47 PST 2006

Posted at the request of Sir Lasgard

Information regarding services for his daughter, Erica Colby McMahill,
can be found at www.pobocik.com.

Erica was driving home from work.  She lost slight control of the car,
and as she was correcting for it she hit a bump.  This sent her into
oncoming traffic, where she was T-boned and killed instantly.  The driver
of the other car is expected to be in and out of surgery for the next
year or so.

HL Saqra wrote:

'Many of you are who are relatively new to the Barony and the SCA in
Texas may not know Sir Laasguard or not know him well except as the
husband of Lady Lynaya, but those of us who have been around a long time
know him well, indeed.  He was a part of the founding of this kingdom,
and was affectionately known as the Red Fox for years.  Personally, I've
known him since nearly my first event, and knew his daughter Erica as a
small child.   My heart is very heavy indeed to know that my SCA brother
must deal with the death of his child -- as a famous line from a movie
goes, no parent should have to bury their own child.

I'm am almost at a loss for words, except to express my appreciation to
Baroness Francesca for taking on the responsibility for getting the word
out, and to be the central information point.  She has also agreed to
accept financial contributions to help Laasguard and Lynaya defray the
cost of travel and other expenses they will be incurring, as Laasguard is
currently unemployed and Lynaya is underemployed.  Please contact her off
list if you wish to contribute, and make it clear whether you consider it
a gift or a loan.

While we are sitting down to enjoy our turkeys and other abundance,
please spare a prayer and blessing for this family dealing with an
unexpected tragedy.

With deep sorrow,
HL Saqra'

Francesca