[Steppes] Steppes folks done good

Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 10 18:42:48 PDT 2006

My dear friends, populace of The Barony of the Steppes, I wish to bring you words that shower fame upon members of our populace that shone brightly at Weisenfeuer Baronial this past weekend.

First, a new fighter, John by mundane name, did enter his second tourney list.  While he did not vanquish any foe, he did comport himself well on the field, and gave fighters with considerably more experience very difficult fights, and the end of the tourney did find him standing strong on the pickup field, facing all who would take up arms with him in friendship and a spirit of learning.

Secondly, our Knight Marshal, Lord Hrafn Olafsson did well in the initial rounds of the tourney, but his comportment and demeanor, not his respectable record did earn him a place in the final 6.  The Current Baron, the incoming Baron and Baroness, and the Queen of Love and Beauty did each choose 1 fighter to represent them along with the 3 fighters who went 5-0 in the preliminary rounds.

The three fighters CHOSEN, Lord Hrafn, Sir Tomas and Duke Hoegaarden, did defeat the 3 fighters who were undefeated, and went into a round robin finals, where Lord Hrafn did finally find defeat to Sir Tomas Duke Hoegaarden, but he did show these men his character and his fine fighting form.

Finally, Don Alexander Peregrine was brought forward to be made a Compainion to the Order of the Centurions of the Sable Star of Ansteorra.  While his OP date will undoubtedly say 9/9, this did actually happen on 9/10, as court ran until almost 12:30 a.m.  And they complain about Warlord!  LOL

These things and many more wonders did I witness with my own eyes!

Sir Morgan Buchanan