[Steppes] Steppes Figther Practice - 1-08-2006

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Jan 10 10:07:47 PST 2006

Heilsa,

We all should like the generosity of numbers
The way, for example,
they are willing to count,
or represent anything or anyone:
Where 7 did become 12
Yet 12 was also 30 or perhaps 32
Depending upon one's eye of mind

Only to transform back to 8
All within One or Two - Time slipping away
On 8, 14 arrives
Donning Armor - swinging rattan
88 record reached with winds sing
Clouds sailing - waving bye
Promises of rain - Yet again

Forward in time by addition of 6
To arrive once again to that of 14
Witness Rise of new Stars
Being 54th
Only as as those before
One and 52 to be 53rd
Stepping down
Passing on
Joys and Burdens
To those who are new in cycle
While New been there before
Thus the generosity of numbers

An impromptu class held by Sir Duncan
started at 12:30 PM, primarily for his squires.

Note: on this early start time, the official start time is 2 PM.
There are people who are at the park early (12: 30 to 1 PM).
If anyone has a group that wishes to come out and get
some private practice please do so.
But there might NOT be any loaner armor
available until official start time nor a Marshal.

As more experience fighters arrived the training continue
to benefit one and all upon the field.

One named Robert has returned to be upon the field,
glad to see you back!
Not to be confused with that of Don Roberts who also
graced the practice field.

The list of individual fights will be short to due to a number
of additional activities that I found myself engaged in.

Two things: being actively engaged with a number of new people who
came out with a load of questions. Wish to thank number of people
who assisted in taking their time away from practice
to respond to these new people:
Duke Miguel
Sir Duncan
Centurion Morgan
Lady Honour
Lord CinaedOHosey
and I am sure that I missed a couple of people, my apologies to
whom I missed.

And during that time, provided two of them, Regina and Ian,
an opportunity to shoot some combat arrows. A little practice
of shooting with siloflex APD's and they do truly suck!

I have added a new format within these minutes.

Fighter Practice involves just that - practice and training.
To reach our goals, then both words come into focus.

Training involves separate levels of heavy fighting -
Basic level to "good"
Man-At-Arms and/or Squire entry level
Centurion level
Tournament level
Combat Archery

People in armor:  14
Children:  5
Total in attendance: 28

Upcoming dates:
Joint War Practices:
  February 5th
  Elfsea - Veterans park
      Arlington
     Time: 2 PM

March 5th
Steppes - Mary Heads Cater (MHC) park
      Carrollton
    Time: 2 PM

March 12th through 19th - Gulf Wars
This year it is from Sunday to Sunday.
All reservations must be postmark no later than
January 31st, 2006 by snail mail.

If by going on-line, then the date is
February 14th, 2006.

Need to start working to get your armor
and weapons ready for War.
Once those who were Foes
Now will stand side by side.

Although the temperatures are cooler
(Hard to believe this past Sunday.)
And the weather has moderated, the usual reminder:
Please bring at least 1 gallon or more of water and gatorade. I
recommend 2 gallons of fluids and snacks to replenish your
energy levels. Plus, various types of snacks - cold pickles
- oranges - energy bars - etc...
- Bring Chairs for you to sit upon.
- Perhaps a grill to heat drinks and/or snack food
- Dress for the weather and bring extra for additional layers as well.

Weapons used this day:
Sword
Great Sword
Short Glaive
Danish Ax
30 lb., recurve bow

Shields used this day:
Heater
Round
Buckler
War Shield - Condottieri
Rectangle Shield
5 Siloflex APD's combat arrows

In attendance this day:

Clan Ross:
  Earl Duncan Arthur Ross (KSCA - Knight in SCA)
        daughter - Tressa
Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Duncan)  - Central Region
Knight Marshal
Don Roberts (believe squire to Sir Duncan ??)
Lord Richard of Durnsford (Squire to Sir Duncan)
Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Duncan) - Steppes Knight Marshal
    and his lady,
        Lady Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa (Apprentice to Duchess Larissa)

House Porto:
  Duke Miguel Sebastian de Oporto - (KSCA - Knight in SCA)
     and his lady,
         Duchess Conal Alexandria O'Riordain
Count Gunthar - (KSCA - Knight in SCA)
     and his lady,  Lady Hanna von Dahl - Deputy A&S Minister, Elfsea
Lady Allessandra di Giovanni - Steppes Equestrian Marshall
Lord Justinian Benedetti  (Squire to His Grace, Sir Miguel)

Condottieri:
Lord CinaedOHosey and children
    and sons - Jon and Nikko
Lord Michael Kettering

Lady Honour du Bois -Squire to Sir Galen of Bristol

Lord Eirikr Elgr
   and his lady, Lady Elinor Salter
    and son - Ian

Wes
Gene and family

3 new people who are interested in SCA join us this Sunday:
Regina
Ian
Samuel

Individual fights witness this day:

Both Fought with Round Shield and Sword
Lord Richard vs Lord Hrafn
Lord Hrafn vs Don Roberts
Don Roberts vs Lord Hrafn
Sir Duncan vs Lord Hrafn
Sir Gunther vs Lord Hrafn

Both Fought with Buckler and Sword
Centurion Morgan vs Don Roberts
Lord CinaedOHosey vs Lord Hrafn
Lady Honour vs Lord CinaedOHosey

Both with Kite Shield and Sword
Robert vs Lord Hrafn
Gene vs Robert
Centurion Morgan vs Robert
Sir Gunther vs Robert

Mixed Weapons and Shields:
Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword
      vs Lord Richard with round and sword
Lord Justinian with rectangle and sword
      vs Lord Richard with round and sword
Sir Gunther with round and sword
     vs Lord Eirikr with danish ax and sword
Wes with rectangle and sword
      vs Lord Richard with round and sword
Sir Miguel with glaive

Solo Combat Archery:
1 Recurve - 30 lbs.,
Combat arrows:
   5 Combat Arrows for Condottieri
     with siloflex APD's.

Results of shooting this day, will have to look in new directions
to accomplish the same results with Golf Tube APD's as
oppose to Siloflex APD's.

YIS,
 Lord Michael Kettering
  Combat Archer for the Condottieri