[Steppes] Yes, it's another garage sale............

Morgan Cain (Ret.) morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 04:55:44 PST 2006

Hi, y'all:

My neighbor and I are at it again, along with several friends having a
garage sale.  And since I've found some odd remnants of SCA while cleaning
out the house (had to have foundation work done, such fun), I am going to
have a shelf or two of just that.  These include:

    T-shirts from Pennsics and other major events
    Small chests and boxes, handy for holding things
        One contains a mirror, good for makeup or shaving
    Copper rivets
    Several gold and burgundy plumes
    Trim - rolls, pieces, different widths
    Fabric!  Cotton, silk, linen, and I dunno.  BIG box of it.  Not all
SCA-perfect, some is modern.  I will not hold for people because the last
time someone asked me to hold and never came.  If you want to start sewing
for Gulf Wars and Warlord, this might help.
    Several straw hats - CHEAP
    A few bits of feast gear - ditto.
    Oddments such as mug strap, a couple pins, a cloak clasp (no cloak),
woven belts
    A "Scottish Ren" bodice-and-skirt thing that's too big for me.  It had a
chemise that's gotten recycled into theatre garb and has shown up on stage
twice last year, but I never wore the outfit because it doesn't fit.  Hate
hand-me-downs.
    Maybe a green flowered bodice - ditto.  Not to mention, it's green and
has flowers.
    Sleeping bag.  I have three.  Don't need three.
    Fur blankets.  Great for a cold night.

There might be more things on the shelf before I'm done setting them out.
We also have furniture, luggage, housewares, an entire table of valentines
and gifts and decor for the holiday, a computer, children's clothing, some
adult clothing, and I don't remember what else.  Lots of embroidery floss
(mostly cotton, some rayon and wool) and similar stuff in quart bags for
about $3 each, terrific savings over retail.  Sewing patterns.  VCR tapes,
music tapes and CDs, some from the SCA timeperiod.  Crafts stuff like
beeswax sheets for candles, embroidery fabric.  Some already-rolled beeswax
candles.  A dragon incense burner - really cute, but I am apparently
allergic to most incense, at least the kind in cones that fits this thing.
The smoke comes out of its mouth.

I might have some knives, but am trying to figure out how to sell those
safely.  One has no sheath to speak of and is very sharp and no use to me
mundanely; it was in a drawer because of the lack of sheath.  Most of my
other knives have mundane use and I'm keeping them.  I may just put up signs
and you can ask to see them.

For the fiber-minded, yes, I have YARN and spinning fleece in the sale.
Lots of both.  I think it was breeding when I didn't look.  Of course, my
knitting and crocheting groups already know about this and they are planning
to be here for the sale.

The sale is not this weekend, but NEXT Saturday, February 4th, so you have
time to plan to get here.  Address is 4009-4013 Christopher Way in Plano,
just off Coit (which is under construction and a pain to get to the turnoff
heading north), and just south of Hedgcoxe on the west side.  Starts at
8:00am.  We will have a very cute little girl selling lemonade and snacks in
case you get thirsty or hungry while you're shopping.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled list, and thank you for your
tolerance of all my recent messages.

                                                ---= f/k/a "Little Morgan"

DFW Fiber Fest - April 28-30, 2005 - Addison Conference Center
        http://home.earthlink.net/~mlhobbies/dfwfiberfest/
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
                               ---= George Carlin
"Try not to become a person of success,
  rather try to become a person of value."
                               ---= Ralph Waldo Emerson