[Steppes] Feb. 2 - Lindenwood Populace/Business meeting

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 19:42:23 PST 2006

This Thursday, February 2 is Groundhog day....I mean, it's time for the
Lindenwood Pop/Business meeting once again!
We meet at 7:30 at the JayCee Arts Building in Irving. It's located just
south of Hwy 183 and just east of Story Rd.
http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/parks_and_recreation/facilities/jaycee_park/index
.asp

We will be discussing many things there and will be taking bids for upcoming
events. Bids will close on March 2nd at our next meeting.

We have already secured an indoor hall with a kitchen, thanks to Lady
Amiliona. There is room for an outside tournament and it has an outdoor
shelter and many picnic tables. We even have shade! It is centrally located
in Irving at the Senter East Park (not the recreation center)on June 10 and
July 29.
http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/parks_and_recreation/facilities/senter_park/eastb
lg.asp

Do you have an idea for events on those dates? Do you want to autocrat an
event but been too scared to try? Or felt like a huge event was too much for
you? Write up your bid and send it in to me at xaraxene at comcast.net.

We would like to have our Midsummer Ball on one of those dates, and perhaps
combine it with a bid for a Queen's Championship (that would have to be July
29th). And, we could have an A & S / Rapier/ Defender tournament and hafla
in June! We could even have a melee' day event or a regional fighter
practice. We could have loads of fun, and the site is almost free, again -
thanks to Lady Amiliona. The hall is reserved for both days from 8 am until
11 pm. We also have the shelter shown here:
http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/parks_and_recreation/facilities/senter_park/gazeb
o.asp

The dates again were June 10 and July 29, 2006. One event can be on calendar
and the other one can either be off-calendar or a possible Kingdom event.

We also have offices open for bids:

Knight Marshall
Herald
Hospitaller