[Steppes] (no subject)

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 14:50:13 PDT 2006

I think it's a great idea.

Can the proceeds be earmarked for the hospitalers office, or do they have to go into the general fund?

  And if it's a fundraiser, can people donate things that are appropriate to the sale? Like books and fabric?

  Esther

Julie Cunningham <juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hello everyone!

I need your opinion and assistance.

We, the Steppes, have quite a bit of items in our loaner garb. Thank you so much to the folks who have donated to our gold key!

However, it has amassed into such a large collection it is time to scale it down (7 + big plastic tubs). Not only is it difficult to store during the year, it is also a problem for any hospitaler who might only have a small car to transport it. There are several dresses that can only fit one size and are so bulky that they almost take up an entire box all by themselves. Some items are separates and would be difficult to make up a complete outfit. There are a couple of heavy woolen items as well.

My idea is to sell those items which are not practical to store or to carry around. The money made from the sale of these items would go to money for fabric to make several T-Tunics for adults and children. The T-Tunics could be worn by male or female and can fit more sizes. MUCH more practical. I also propose to sell items that have been in the lost and found at the same time, and that money going to the barony.

I would like to post the pictures online somewhere. We can note below the picture if it was lost and found or if it is gold key if we need to. Anyone have a website or know of a way so we can show these pictures? Could we do an auction online or maybe at a future event?

So what do you think?

Lady Katheryn
Steppes Hospitaler