[Steppes] DEMOS AT CONVENTIONS

Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:29:00 PDT 2006

All Con was, if I remember correctly, a FUBAR situation.  The then kingdom
demo coordinator Seamus was in charge of working with them.  What I recall
the situation there was they had us set up for a demo, then less than a
month before the con they informed us that all demo participatns would have
to pay con prices to get in, and IF THE CON MADE MONEY they'd reimburse
those who were just in attendance to do the demo.  That didn't fly at all
and the demo was scrapped. That's my recollection of what I was told
happened, not necessarily the truth, the whole truth, or nothing but the
truth.  :)  I'm ALL FOR doing these demos.  I got into the SCA because of
con demos and think it's a great venue.

I enjoyed the ConDFW demo we did that year, and I'm all for doing demos at
the three non-anime cons.  I'd do A-Kon as well if I was available that
weekend in future years, obviously.

Morgan

ps....this does NOT indicate that I think we shouldn't look into it.  The
other thing I recall was that in their infancy they were money strapped.
Now that they're beyond their first year, they may not be in the same
situation.  Of course, they may have a bad taste in their mouth from our
withdrawl the first time.