[Steppes] a minor note

jack spinks jlspinks at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 17 15:03:22 PDT 2007

All I can say about being a geek is that there is lots of good company.  By the common meaning of geek I would mean such as Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, etc etc.  What was once a high school term of derision has evolved, as many terms do, to mean those that excell in their fields- usually a technical or little known one that many find so difficult to understand or master.   I am with Mikael on this one.

mikaelc <mikaelc at airmail.net> wrote:

When someone accuses me of being a "geek", I draw myself up to my full
height and proudly proclaim, "Yes, I am!"

Mikael

--- Sir Morgan Buchanan