[Steppes] On calendar and off calendar events

Dale, Richard N DaleRN at aetna.com
Tue Apr 24 10:39:24 PDT 2007

I just wanted to send a post to clarify some ideas about calendar and
non calendar events and what happens to events that are taken off
calendar from my own experience when they were previously on the kingdom
calendar.

Here are some definitions:

Off kingdom calendar event: an event that is not listed on the kingdom
calendar.
What does this mean? No kingdom court business can take place at a Off
kingdom calendar event. NO AOA's, No Sable thistles, no oaks,. This also
means almost always that the King and Queen and Prince and Princess will
not attend your event. In addition any local group can have an event on
the same date as your off kingdom event. So for an example with steppes
artisan one weekend as off calendar another competition from say
Rosenfeld or Elfsea could be on the same date. This is unlikely but it
could happen. Taking an event off the kingdom calendar and making it
local will insure that fewer people will attend. I have seen no
exception yet to this statement.  If you want to turn any event into
just a local event than make it an off kingdom calendar event like fall
court and usually only the locals will attend.

On kingdom calendar event: an event that is listed on the kingdom
calendar and must have a warranted autocrat and calendar form on file
with the calendar deputy.
What does this mean? Awards can be given at this event that could not be
given at an off calendar event. The King, Queen, Prince, Princess could
attend and usually do attend steppes events. Once the date is assigned
for the event that event is protected by the calendar deputy from having
competition from a similar event within a certain traveling distance.

I personally like to use this definition for on and of calendar events.
ON kingdom calendar events are those events that the local group and the
kingdom believe something of lasting significance will take place at
that event( usually a competition for a championship of some sort.) Off
calendar events are not for competitions for a title within a local
group but a time for the local group to have fun with the local group
and friends who wish to attend.

Please email me or call me if you have any questions and I will be happy
to go into further explanations.

Richard Fairborune

phone 817-417-2559

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna