[Steppes] Artisan to practices aka FUN

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 14:20:54 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/24/2007 7:46:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
faelancaimbeul at gmail.com writes:

I also really like the idea of combined fencing and heavy practice.

We've done this in the past, and it can be a lot of fun.

HOWEVER, the idea of combining Steppes Artisan and Elfsea Artisan, NO.  As I
said last night, we have two different types of competitions, our own
traditions and activities, and our own rules.  They are not necessarily amenable to
being compromised, WHEN THERE IS NO NEED.

WHAT PART OF "ARTISAN DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A CALENDAR EVENT" DO YOU GUYS NOT
UNDERSTAND?  Just because we have occasionally had it on the calendar, it does
not follow that it MUST be. Even when we could have more than two events on
the calendar, we didn't always put it on.  But we'd still get 40+ entrants.  I'd
prefer to keep our traditional 12th Night and Warlord as our calendar events,
possibly lobby the kingdom for additional events, and take Artisan off the
calendar if we must take one off.

But then, what do I know?  I've only been a member of this Barony since 1980,
an Oak, a Steppes Artisan, held the office of Hospitaller twice, Chronicler
twice, and Seneschal once, and been lady-in-waiting to full-time to two sets of
Barons/Baronesses, and a part-time lady-in-waiting to a third set.

Saqra