[Steppes] Artisan considerations.(long)

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 23:32:12 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/25/2007 12:45:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
willowjonbardc at juno.com writes:

We used to have little period events.

I remember one in particular, Your Grace, that Duke Lloyd and Duchess Joselyn
did with a Crusader theme.  Wonderful time, no courts, just a beautifully
decorated small hall, with good period food, and lots of persona play, gaming,
and bardic.  It even made money -- I helped with gate and cleanup. Great Fun!

I've often thought about doing a private event along the same lines, with a
real period Middle Eastern feast, served on low tables to people sitting on
cushions on the floor.  With dancing (in good costuming, not belly dancing
stuff), music, bardic, persona play, NO computers, NO talk of the modern world, and
trying to keep the mundanity to an absolute minimum.  But the times I've
brought it up, I've been shot down so hard that I stopped thinking about it.  And
now, I can't afford to do it privately, so it is a lost cause.  But, DARN it,
it would be fun to do!

Saqra