[Steppes] Fair Warning

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 10:27:30 PDT 2007

Welcome, Quill!

  And a Linguist, eh? Lord help us, there will be WELSH in the Barony!

  Esther

Quill <gray.quill at gmail.com> wrote:
                                                                     Humblest Greetings unto the great Barony of the Steppes,

You have but one week to prepare yourselves, for a Quill-shaped arrow flies
inexorably onward, with you fixed in its sights. This is your official
warning.

For that arrow is me, Cuillioc, the bard currently residing in the Shire of
Trelac but soon to settle amongst you in the Central Region. It is my
ceaseless seeking of more knowledge and experiences which brings me to the
Barony of Steppes. I have already had the good fortune to make acquaintances
with many fair people from around your area, especially at this past
Warlord, and find all of them to be a pleasure to know - I look forward to
meeting the rest of you, and to making myself as much an asset to your
Barony as I hope I've been here in the West, and perhaps more so. I have yet
to be disappointed with the hospitality and kindness of Ansteorrans all
over.

Mundanely, the situation translates itself thus: "Hi there! Call me Quill;
I'm moving to Dallas in a week because I'll be attending Southern Methodist
University. Can't wait to start playing with you all soon, so be on the
lookout for me!" (And to preempt the question which always follows that
announcement: Linguistics.)

Being still somewhat new at all this, I hope you'll forgive me if I should
stumble about and make a few newbish blunders from time to time. I'm
particularly excited to be coming to such a large Barony, from a somewhat
small Shire, so if you catch me staring in awe I'll be grateful to you if
you'll just snap my jaw up before I drool on someone's shoes. Although my
primary interest is, now and always, Bardic, I'm always happy to explore the
far reaches of what the SCA has to offer. I've been playing with Trelac's
rapier group for awhile (always in loaned gear with borrowed blades) though
as of this moment I remain unauthorized. The truth is I'd just like to get
to know the people and what each person is interested in, and have fun
living the Dream.

Whatever rumors you may have heard about me, I swear they aren't true -
unless you liked what you heard, in which case they are true, unless you're
the kind of person who likes embarrassing rumors, in which case they are
entirely false... unless you want them to be true, in which case we'll talk
about it over tea - your treat. (Ha! Ha ha.)

--
In service to The Dream,
Cuillioc "Quill" /|\