[Steppes] *everyone's* State Fair ribbons!!

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 19:28:04 PDT 2007

--- Esther <reese_esther at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We should enter the Bard's cloak when it is finished. If a
> collaborative project is allowed.

Sorry, but "all articles for competition must be made by one
individual, and entries cannot be accepted from two or more persons,
nor from groups or organizations, unless otherwise specified."  The
"otherwise specified" is for the dolls and collections categories.

Besides, I doubt the State Fair Creative Arts people would have a
clue what to do with anything overtly SCA.  I don't think that any of
us who've entered stuff at the Fair have ever entered anything
overtly SCA, and in fact most of it's been overtly NOT.  Many
categories specifically require that an object be totally original in
design as well as execution, so since most SCA stuff is copied to
varying degrees from period stuff, it wouldn't qualify.

I do wish the kingdom had a venue in which collaborative adaptive A&S
projects, such as the new Bard's cloak and Warlord tunic, could gain
recognition.  (Adaptive = it doesn't meet the authenticity threshold
for Kingdom A&S, but it's inspired by some period object and it adds
to the medieval-oid environment, like almost all of our award
documents)

--Serena