[Steppes] Brewing class

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 10:06:56 PST 2007

Those interested in the brewing class today, it will be at my house at 3pm.
You can find directions to my development here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=9104+Tumbleweed+Drive,+Oak+Point,+TX+76227&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=33.207382,-96.977906&spn=0.01763,0.053988&om=1&iwloc=addr

This will get you to the development. When you get here, keep straight on
cross oaks road, turn left on Liberty, then left on Yosemite. I'm at 8920,
on the right, third house from the end.

If you want to do your brewing here and leave your fermenter, you'll have to
get one first. Go to the Homebrew HQ on Coit, just north of Belt Line (right
under the Compas Bank tower, you can't miss it). Get a plastic, 5 gallon
fermenter, a fermentation lock, and a beer or wine kit of your choice. Ask
the guys there what you need. They'll help you out.

If you want to do mead, I have orange blossom honey here to use. It's a
dollar a pound. For sweet mead you'll need 15-18 pounds of honey, and about
9-10 lbs for dry mead. You'll also need a fermenter, lock and a tube of
Wylabs Sweet Mead yeast. It's in the refrigerator at Homebrew HQ. Ask
someone, they'll help you.

If you don't plan to brew today, and just want to learn how and do it at
home later, just show up.

Also, if you are sure you want to brew, and you're going to keep up with it,
there's a kit at homebrew for $90 that has everything you need, except
bottles. This will save you a few bucks in the long run.

See you all this afternoon.

Faelan