[Steppes] Gulf War Meal Planning

April Page alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 12 09:44:39 PST 2007

Posted on behalf of Count Gunthar:

  Elizabeth and I are discussing creating a meal plan for people at
the Steppes encampment at Gulf Wars. We're not sure who
would want in and we will provide for outside of House Porto if any other Steppes
folk would like to be included.

We will have the 10'x10' screened-in cooking pavillion as well as
a campfire rig and a couple of propane stoves.

Since we got a Food Saver for Christmas we plan on making full use
of it for the bulk of the evening meals. This will make things quick
and cleanup pretty easy.

The plan is to provide semi-prepared breakfast (shrink wrapped
breakfast burritos, oatmeal, or if someone wants to cook) as
well as fruits, breakfast bars, etc...for grabbing and going.

Lunch will have a cooler for sandwiches and such. Grab on your own.

Dinner will be a bit more formal and prepared. We could have someone
each night prepare or plan special dinners like spaghetti night or
taco night. Everyone helping with cleanup is also part of the cost
to get on the plan.  ;-)

We will work on having dinners to suit people's tastes. Example: my
thought for spaghetti night will have a basic red sauce and sides
of meatballs, mushrooms, Italian sausage, chicken and stuff. So people
doctor as they wish.  We will try to cater to people's dining wishes and will offer fowl alternatives to other meats.  If there are any food allergies, any participants will need to let us know well in advance.

We're thinking of spaghetti, beef stroganoff (or similar), Red Beans &
Rice, Steaks and Chicken, Chili & Tacos, etc.....

If anyone would like to cook a night or provide a dinner we can add
that in. And all of this is just in the planning stages right now.

Estimated cost for Tuesday - Saturday will be $40 per person,
negotiable.

Please let people who may be interested know and have them contact
us.

Yers,

Gunthar