[Steppes] The Hawkins Site

crystal.lemming at prudential.com crystal.lemming at prudential.com
Wed Feb 14 13:50:54 PST 2007

Actually there is a very large area next to the lake that we can use for
target archery.  It is easily as large as Canton's archery area.  I don't
think we used a it this last 3 Kings.  But I'm pretty sure we used it for 3
Kings 2005.

Conal

The Hawkins site is too small to support the size of archery tournaments we
hold in order to have the tournaments completed in a timely manner. We need
a minimum of 100-120 yards square. It has the depth, but not the width. we
have been pushing it to get done in time for court as it is the past couple
of years. If we have to use a smaller firing line, we will go well into
court before we have a champion.

As far as the lake....I don't know. I am not a lake swimmer generally and
would prefer to keep my state of undress private. I also think that if we
are worried about problems with mundanity, then we will find that modern
bathing suits and bathing attire which will be most common, will be VERY
mundane. Period bathing attire in the lake would be...well, the most period
would be without bathing attire which wouldn't go over at all, I'm sure.
more acceptable bathing garb could be heavy and somewhat dangerous for
people not used to swimming in long dresses.

Lyneya