[Steppes] need to find homes...

Sue Rogers suzannaherbalist at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 15 23:58:38 PST 2007

for rattan, cats, possibly dog.

Agilwulf has 10 staves of rattan, sword diameter, 9 to 10 feet long.  He
was asking $25 each for them, now will take $20 each.  We need to find a
home for these soon, as we have no place to store them and are being
hassled by the Dallas code compliance people.

Our house collects stray cats (maybe because we feed them!), but we really
need to find homes for some.
1) Whitey is a white shorthair neutered male, shots current thru July,
probably about 1 1/2 years old.  Used to being outdoors, tolerates
teenagers and obnoxious dogs.  Tends to bully other cats, so would probably
prefer being only cat.

2) Fred is a shorthair gray tabby, neutered male, shots current thru July,
probably about 1 year old, maybe 2.  Was neutered when he showed up.
Prefers indoors, tolerates teenagers, other cats and obnoxious dog.  Has
issues with stress incontinence (pees inappropriately when stressed), and
we have a stressful house.  He hates Whitey - we really need to find a home
for one of these two.

3) Blackie is a long-hair tomcat, but I can get him neutered and shots at
Kittico.  Strongly prefers outdoors (or else he can't deal with my
obnoxious dog).  Somewhat skittish, but not feral - I can easily pick him
up.  Probably 2 or 3 years old.  Reasonably tolerant of other outdoor cats.

4) Simba is a golden long-haired male kitten, about 6 or 7 months old.
Again, I can get him neutered and shots at Kittico.  Weighs about 9 pounds
already, so he will be a big boy when grown.  Very affectionate sometimes,
a bit skittish at others.  Tolerates other cats, teenagers, and attacks by
my obnoxious dog.

5) Lacey is my obnoxious dog.  I love her, but she really needs room to
run,  Part (mostly?) border collie, smart, stubborn, very energetic.  4
years old, neutered, current on shots.  Spoiled, sleeps on couch or bed.
Has been thru obedience training twice!  Occasionally obeys commands,
especially "sit", especially if I have a dog biscuit in hand.  When she
runs out the front door will NOT come when called.  A place in the country
with room to run and a job to do would be good for her.  Tolerates
teenagers, chases cats, does NOT "play nice" with other dogs (excessively
protective?)

2 teenagers???  1 almost off to college - any takers???

If you can help with any of the above, please contact Suzanna or Agilwulf
(Walter) at 214-351-3907 or via email.

Thanks for the bandwidth
Suzanna, herbalist
Sue Rogers