[Steppes] An informal poll and February Populace

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Tue Feb 13 12:54:27 PST 2007

My take on this whole thing as both an attendee and a former autocrat is
this:

1. Good reasons for staying at Canton are:
	the Hall,
	the amount of space,
	the allowance of our horses and dogs,
	electricity,
	and hot showers.
	It is also handicap-accessible almost entirely as few of our favored
sites are. Some of us who were actually alive in AS1 <grin> are now to the
point that we are barred from a lot of sites by our own physical weaknesses
and needs.  It is indeed difficult and even painful to be shut off from
friends and fun for such reasons.

2.  Reasons for looking for somewhere else:
	I, too, have heard the complaints about this site.
		I've heard it's "too modern"
		 I've dealt with the 1st Monday types and transients who
wander through our camps
		 It is not the world's cheapest place.
		It floods.  Man, it floods.

It is good to keep looking around and not become settled into a rut.  This
doesn't mean abandoning everything after the first time we do/use it, but it
does mean keeping one's eye out for an attractive alternative.  You never
know when you'll need that alternative. Some of us have done some serious
hunting for alternative sites (Kate, Nuala...)and probably have a lot of
information to share.  Keep Canton, at least for now, and let's have a look
at these alternatives.

With respect,
Gerita

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are added
to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)

This is a personal message.  Not to be forwarded without separately
requested consent from Carolle Cox