[Steppes] The Hawkins site - was Informal Poll

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 13:18:12 PST 2007

The Hawkins site is too small to support the size of archery tournaments we hold in order to have the tournaments completed in a timely manner. We need a minimum of 100-120 yards square. It has the depth, but not the width. we have been pushing it to get done in time for court as it is the past couple of years. If we have to use a smaller firing line, we will go well into court before we have a champion.

As far as the lake....I don't know. I am not a lake swimmer generally and would prefer to keep my state of undress private. I also think that if we are worried about problems with mundanity, then we will find that modern bathing suits and bathing attire which will be most common, will be VERY mundane. Period bathing attire in the lake would be...well, the most period would be without bathing attire which wouldn't go over at all, I'm sure. more acceptable bathing garb could be heavy and somewhat dangerous for people not used to swimming in long dresses.

Lyneya