[Steppes] question about B & B polling

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Feb 16 07:25:34 PST 2007

The timeline was posted to the Steppes list.  Printed in the Steppes Letter and is posted on the website.  It has a list of when everything happens.

The deadline for turing in your letter of intent to Their Majesties was yesterday.  Up until that deadline there was not truly a final list of candidates.  It is listed that on 2/23 "The final opinion poll form with candidate names is
posted to the baronial website. Brief, single-page candidate letters with full
contact information are also posted to the website.".

I will go ahead and repost the timeline in its entirety also.

Timeline for Baronial Polling and Selection

Tuesday, December 5, 2006: The Baron and Baroness make their
announcement to step down. There candidates are encouraged to submit letters
of intent.

The B&B put in their declaration letter along with the Polling Timeline and
Opinion Polling Clarifications in the January and February local baronial
newsletter.

Saturday, February 10, 2007: All baronial candidates to meet one-on-one with
the Crown at Kingdom Arts & Sciences.

Thursday, February 15, 2007: This is the deadline to declare baronial
candidate status—no new entrants are allowed after this date. Final letters of
intent by baronial candidates are due to the Crown and Heirs by email.

Friday, February 23, 2007: The final opinion poll form with candidate names is
posted to the baronial website. Brief, single-page candidate letters with full
contact information are also posted to the website.

The Final opinion poll form with candidate names brief, single-page candidate
letters with full contact information to be published in March newsletter. This
newsletter must be mailed by March 5.

Friday, March 23, 2007: The Big Day. Polling occurs during the regular
populace meeting, (add time & location) No candidate speeches. The Regional
Seneschal will be there to conduct the polling. You must be there in person to
take the Opinion Poll. If there is an overwhelmingly compelling reason you can
not make it to the Opinion Polling, contact the Kingdom Seneschal beforehand.

Monday, March 26, 2007: Have you sent an email to the Crown with your
commentary about the baronial candidates? If not, do so right away.

Saturday, March 31, 2007: All email with commentary about the baronial
candidates is due to the Crown.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007: The Crown announces their final decision. This is to
allow them enough time to read each and every one of the opinion poll forms and
commentary emails.

Saturday, May 26, 2007: TRM officially invest the new Baron and Baroness.
This is a big occasion and the populace is urged to attend to lend their support to
their new landed nobility.