[Steppes] An informal poll and February Populace

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Feb 16 07:59:50 PST 2007

AlKudsi at aol.com wrote:

>  Second, from the last message from Her Excellency Francesca, the decision has
>  already been made to change sites next year.  That is news to me, but then I
>  don't attend many meetings, so it is my own fault that I did not know. The
>  poll and comments, as I see it then, are strictly for this year's Warlord.  While
>  personally, I rather like a lot of the aspects of the Canton site, I'm quite
>  willing to give other sites a try.

One minor correction.  No, no true final, locked in decision has been made.  We are reserving the site so that it does not get reserved out form under us.  There are plans to go see the site and review its suitability for Warlord.  If what we have heard about it is true though it is a good bet it will be the site for next year.

All comments gathered in this poll will, I am sure, be included as part of the final decision.  One thing that has become pretty clear is that if we want a new site, it si something that has to be reserved quite a ways in advance.  The good sites get booked pretty quick.  Especially on Memorial Day weekend.

In my opinion, the true suitability for the site can only be tested by the event actually being held there.  Pre plannign will ease the way and we can obviously weed out sites based upon criteria, but you never REALLY know till you have it there.

Alasdair