[Steppes] information that is useful

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Feb 16 13:25:28 PST 2007

I would like to offer my public apologies Your Grace.  As I told you
privately I reviewed my response to HL Suzanna's message ([Steppes] question
about B & B polling) and noticed that somewhere in the process of cerating
the email I had lost portions that I had typed that would have clarified and
answered your question.

Her question was "Where can I find the information and the procedure for the
polling for the  new B & B?".  As I stated in my response to her it was
posted to the lists, printed in the Steppes Letter and posted to the Steppes
Website.  That was a direct answer to her question.  I also included the
entire time line at the end of the message to make it easier so no one would
have to go look it up.

Now to answer your question (from an entirely different email) directly,
there is not currently a list that has been publicized.  The deadline for
getting letters of intent to their majesties was only yesterday.  As such
only they, and probably Duchess Julia as the kingdom Seneschal and the one
overseeing the process as well as Their Excellencies Mahdi and Valeria) have
the complete list.

The timeline shows a date of next Thursday as when brief single page letters
and contact information are to be published on the web page.  That would be
why you can not find them.  They simply are not there yet.  I was
referencing the timeline as simply a way for you to know why they are not
there yet and to let you know they are due to be posted.  No one is
attempting to treat anyone as a child Your Grace.  Merely trying to be as
complete and accurate as we can in the information portrayed.

Also I can safely say that there has only been 4 sets of candidates that
have announced publicly that they are seeking the office of Baron and/or
Baroness.  I can NOT say at this point if they are the only ones though.
Here is the list of those who have publicly announced their intent and in
order that they announced.

Honourable Lord Jaque the Spink and Baroness Francesca Laviana Sansovino
Sir Morgan Buchanan and Lady Ciannait Campbell
Honourable Lord Alasdair MacEogan and Honourable Lady Margarite McBridin
(myself and my lady wife obviously)
Lady Katheryn Cunningghame

I am sorry to make a short answer long.  Here is the cliff notes version:

Her Grace Willow posted previously:
"Where can I find a list of everyone who has sent in an letter of intent?"

Answer:  There is no official list publicized nor are the letters posted
yet.  They are due to be available by February 23rd on the Steppes website.

Alasdair