[Steppes] 12th Night Aftershock

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 10:59:49 PST 2007

Greetings to One and All,

Let me extend appreciation for all the kind and flattering comments about
12th Night. Everyone worked very hard and apparently, it all paid off. I
hope everone had a wonderful time.

To everyone that helped me before, at and after the event, THANK YOU! We had
people, quite litterally, working themselves to the point of collapse to
make this the best event we could. Your honor, service and dedication is
most appreciated.

Many comments were made about the stage decorations. I have only one thing
to say, Vivianne gets all the credit. I simply made the rigging, but the
idea, concept, and most importantly, the creation were all her, with some
generous support from friends. It was her vision, and she deserves the
recognition. The stage decorations have been saved, and can be used again.
They were designed that way on purpose. We couldn't let so wonderful a
display be lost to the darkness of time.
Those who missed feast, missed out. It was wonderful. People who don't even
eat middle eastern food LOVED it. Lady Hadassah and the Howling Dragons,
along with out new friends and Lady Elizabeth and Count Gunthar pulled off a
magnificent feast, dispite the traditional Sokol uncleanliness, broken
equipment and other assorted challenges. Even though I only got to snitch
the occassional piece of food in between duties, I loved every bit of it.
Even the stuff I kinda wondered about . . . (I don't do middle eastern food
much myself).

My thanks to Sir Morgan for organizing the chaos and people for set-up and
tear down, and to Lord Hrafin for being the monkey on the ladder for the
entire afternoon, then again for tear down. My thanks as well to all the
other hands who pitched in to load the truck, hang decorations, set the
hall, clean and tear down. This would have all been impossible without all
of you. I commented that I always seem to see the same faces before and
after events when the real works needs to be done. I can truely see where
the heart of this Barony lies.

Congratulations to Don Ingve on his acceptance to the Order of the Oak. He
too, is one of the faces I always seem to see before and after events.
Your place is well deserved.

Eisteddfod was a success. This year the bards asked for a pavillion to do
the event outside, away from the awful accustics of he hall. They asked us
for a pavilion, and as it turned out, there were a total of four pavillions
for them (The baronial pavillion and three personal donations) that made it
onsite, three Friday for set-up and one Saturday morning. My thanks to HL
Esther, without who's help I never would have known what to do with the
bards, nor would I have had anyone to entertain the people during feast.

Again, thank you to everyone who pitched in any way to help with this event.
It's a lot of work doing an event of this size, and as a steward, I am
always grateful for the support of everyone.

Those of you who have outstanding reciepts for 12th Night, bring them with
you to business meeting tomorrow. Don't forget.

YiS,

Faelan