[Steppes] Notice of Financial Policy - Event Expense Reimbursement

Elinor Salter steppesexchequer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:25:35 PST 2007

Our latest financial policy was approved by the financial committee back
in October.  I don't have the time to search the archives to see if this
was made clear at that time, but I am posting it now for informational
purposes.  I am in the process of creating an Exchequer page on the
Barony website, which will include our Barony's specific financial
policies (in addition to Society or Kingdom policies).  If you have any
questions, please ask myself or Margarite.

Event Reimbursements
- All requests for reimbursements of pre-approved event expenses must be
in the hands of the exchequer within 21 days or 3 weeks after the last
day of the event.
- Any reimbursements not submitted during that time will be considered a
donation to the Barony.
- I must also have advances settled within this 21 days.  If I do not
have receipts and money to equal the amount of the advance by the
deadline, we may require the full value of the advance refunded to the
Barony.

This tightening of rules will go into effect immediately due to abuse of
individuals not getting receipts to me as soon as possible after an event.

The reason for this restriction in policy is because I have an event
report due to Kingdom 30 days after the close of every event.  If I do
not have these receipts, I cannot calculate an accurate event report and
it will be late, which is a mark against myself and the Barony.  In
addition, when I am responsible for sending a profit split check, like
for 12th Night Eisteddfod, if I cannot calculate the profit, my check
will be late to Kingdom which is also a mark against myself and the Barony.

If you cannot make it to a business meeting or populace, you can send
someone in your place, arrange a meeting with me or even mail them to me
(make copies first if you go that route, just in case).  There is no
reason why you cannot get in touch with me in 3 weeks.  It is your
responsibility, not mine, to be proactive about this and get receipts in
as soon as possible.  If you have receipts before the event, get them to
me.  If you have receipts at the event, I won't turn them down.

There are 2 people, to my knowledge, with outstanding advances.  All
expenses made known to me have been reimbursed.  This email serves as
notice that you have exactly 1 week (by February 6th) to get a
combination of receipts and money equal to the advance in my hands to
avoid further action.

--
Ly. Elinor Salter
Exchequer, Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra