[Steppes] Ride Sharing to Red Tape

April Page alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 3 11:52:39 PDT 2007

With the large number of people in the barony who need or want to attend classes at Red Tape on July 14th, our Seneschal, Margarite, and I have discussed several options involving ride sharing.  I'm sure we're not the only ones who want to save a little money on gas!

  Based on the number of people who have already expressed interest, Margarite is investigating the use of a shuttle service for those who wish to day trip the event.  This availability would depend on the number of people who sign up for it.  If the number is too small, we will parcel out individuals among a small group of willing drivers and splt the cost of gas.

  Please be warned that in either case, we will be leaving EARLY in the morning in order to reach College Station in time for classes.  If you don't arrive at the designated meeting spot by 5:00a.m. (and we're talking Elizabeth-time here, not SCA-time), the shuttle or drivers will not wait for you.  The plan is to head back to Dallas after Red Tape is over, with an anticipated return sometime between 9-10pm.  I know this makes for a long day, but many of us do not want to spend extra funds on overnight accommodations.

  So, if you're interested in sharing a ride for a day trip down to Red Tape, please let me or Margarite know by Friday, July 6th.

  YIS,

  Ly. Elizabeth Seale