[Steppes] 12th Night v Artisan decision

Margarite McBridin sca at bmhanson.net
Tue Jul 3 14:11:41 PDT 2007

Greetings to the list.

Last night at Steppes business meeting we had our discussion about what to do about 12th Night versus Artisan.

The decision was not unanimous; however, I believe that all parties that were interested in speaking were afforded that opportunity and a consensus was reached.  Therefore, for the calendar year of 2008 (and at this time 2008 _ONLY_), 12th Night will be held as a Central Regional event and Steppes Artisan will be on calendar.

I would like to thank everyone who sent emails prior if unable to attend.  I would also like to thank everyone for maintaining a calm and accommodating demeanor while addressing this topic.  These events are near and dear to all of us and each of us has our own reasons for feeling the way that we do.  The discussion was great - and I cannot speak for anyone else, but I found myself changing my personal stance on which way we should go about it.

So again, the decision is that 12th Night will be a Central Regional event and Steppes Artisan will remain on the calendar.  HE Katheryn and I will be speaking with the other groups in the region about joining us.  If you have any ideas of a potential site, please do not hesitate to bring it forward.  Even having reached this decision, it will not help if we have no where to hold the event.

Thank you again for all that y'all do,

HL Margarite
Proud to be seneschal of Steppes