[Steppes] Feast vs. Catering

April Page alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 24 08:01:01 PDT 2007

Generally speaking, catering tends to be more expensive than having the meal prepared by SCA cooks.  All sorts of costs are built into the catering fee, including paying for catering staff, and this can wipe out a food budget in record time or create a loss for the event.  Plus, in order to stay within the budgeted amount per person, you end up with basically a catered meal a la Dickey's Bar-b-que.  Or dry chicken breast and tasteless vegetables.

  It is something that would have to be discussed extensively with the facility's catering staff to see what we can get for $6-7 dollars per person.  It usually isn't much.

  Elizabeth

Catalina Elvira Osorio de Moscoso y Lopez de Xerez <ladycatalina at hotmail.com> wrote:

I personally do not object to catering.
I will be the first to admit that eating SCA feasts has been educational and
has certainly broadened my cooking repertoire.

But I have also had three bouts of food poisoning.

If a site is otherwise wonderful and reasonably priced, it's not a good idea
to cross it off the
list just because they only allow catering.

Catalina
Sanguinem dumtaxat causam virtutis pendate