[Steppes] FEAST! (was Feast vs. Catering)

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Tue Jul 24 11:03:53 PDT 2007

I would like to remind everyone that we have managed feasts before
without either kitchens or prep areas.  Individuals or small groups did
one dish and then delivered it on site ready to be served.  When
Mistress Serena autocratted Twelfth Night in the old Olla Podrida
ballroom I delivered 300 foil wrapped chicken quarters in two towel
lined coolers ready to serve, and still at 140 degrees.  Another time it
was cornish game hens, and another it was pork roasts, and not one of
those times did I ever set foot in a kitchen on site.

This is the way it was done occasionally and it could be done again, but
for two problems we must overcome:

First - feastocrats have gotten into the mindset that they (or a very
small cadre of hand-picked crew) must do it all themselves and they are
not willing to delegate.

Second - for those feastocrats who are willing to delegate, lately there
have been fewer and fewer volunteers willing to help.

Alaric