[Steppes] Feast vs. Catering

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 16:20:15 PDT 2007

Now, now....

  Back in my salad days in An Tir, I was engaged to a young fellow from Boston. (I had grown up on a farm in Oregon.)

  A party had been planned, which featured pitting an entire, whole, luau style piggy. (YUM) But, it was An Tir, and so, on the appointed day, the previously dug pit was what they call in this neck of the woods, "a swimmin' hole".

  This left me with 150 pounds of defrosted pig, pouring rain outside, and a teeny tiny normal oven.

  I got a couple of short two by fours to help with support, a hacksaw with a fresh pack or two of blades duly sterilized, and a couple of saw horses.

  Needless to say, I got a clue that marriage might not be in my future after all, when the afore mentioned young man returned home, to find his Intended with one knee on the spine of the pig while hack sawing between the vertebrae and immediately retired to the bathroom. He puked for DAYS.

  Delicious piggy though, thank heavens we had a large freezer.

  Esther

Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
  >And I agree with Elizabeth. Nothing makes you NOT want
>to eat like seeing just the head hanging from a rope
>in the garage...
>
>Hanna

Speak for yourself, wussy city-girl!

Nothing says "good eatin'" like the slowly glazing eyes
of your victim staring at you while you eat its liver!

Mmmmm......slowly glazing eyes.....

Gunthar
NOT a wussy little city-girl