[Steppes] Lazy Dragon Con

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Mon Jul 30 14:59:49 PDT 2007

Heilsa,

This is news to the Baronial Knight Marshal concerning that there would
be a Sunday afternoon tournament to win a prize sword!

I asked before Warlord if there was going to be any heavy fighting
planned for Sunday afternoon and the reply was "No"!
So, when I was asked about the regular heavy fighter practice if it was
being held that Sunday August 5th at the regular time? My answer has
been for the last two months - "Yes - it will be held on Sunday, and if
you can make it out to the Lazy Dragon Con on Saturday please do so!"

The plans for the heavy fighter practice might have been changed several
weeks ago and even got it on the calendar to get the word out, but at
this late date. Some people will get the word about this from this list,
a fair number of people who attend the heavy fighter only have email at
their place of work. And their Work email accounts are for work issues!
Not for personal topics such as this would deem to be - I have several
people who will NOT get on any email list for the SCA and/or this heavy
fighter because it is against their company policy and that is their
type of emails.

It has always been my and several others policy that if a number of
people can not be contacted in sufficient amount of time, then the
activity is NOT worth leaving these people "High and Dry" with no
explanation as to why it was posted that the regular practice has been
moved. This is not the way to build and maintain an activity by
short-changing people and leaving them hanging in the wind. All this
does is builds negative thoughts and feelings for those people who are
making an effort to attend the heavy fighter practice. And who have come
to expect the practice to be held at its regular time and place. Plus,
having established an excellent record of always being present,
otherwise announcing such changes 4 to 6 weeks in advance or even longer
amount of lead time - when possible, example this past January when I
was forced to canceled the practice due to extreme low temperatures and
ice at the last minute.

Sunday afternoon - I will be holding the regular heavy fighter practice
at Mary Heads Carter park in Carrollton at 2 PM. The normal time and
normal place.

I may or may not be able to attend this Con - it depends upon my course
work - which is due the following week, the semester ends on August 9th.

YIS,
Lord Michael Kettering
Steppes Knight Marshal