[Steppes] Continuing our Steppes archery practices:

William Black Dragon hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 9 18:41:19 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

For those of you whom do not yet know our Steppes
archery marshal Lord Alvin had to resign that
office due to resent changes at his mundane job,
and as we all know mundane life does come first
after all that's what pays the bills.  So I hope
you will join me in offering Lord Alvin our thanks
for serving in what can sometimes be a difficult
and demanding job so others may play, thank you
Alvin!

With our archery marshal's office being vacant that
leaves us with a problem holding our regular
archery practices.  After a bit of discussion with
a few of our previous holders of that office and
our Lady Steppes we have decided to continue to
hold our Steppes archery practices while the office
is vacant.  It will present a few problems but
basically nothing we can't overcome.  The major one
being if we do not have an "officer of the barony"
present during the practice it cannot be an
"official" practice, thus we cannot submit scores
for the royal rounds nor IKAC.  I haven't spoken
with our Seneschal yet but other than submitting
our scores and being covered by the SCA insurance
blanket the archery practices should be business as
usual.

So here's what I'm proposing, for the next two
Sundays (June 10th & 17th) I'll hold an unofficial
archery practice between the hours of 11AM and 2PM
on the archery range at Eastfield College so we can
spend some time together lofting feathered shafts
down range and discussing just how we wish to
re-organize our regularly scheduled archery
practices during the time our Steppes archery
marshals office is vacant.

Maybe we can even talk up our Steppes Bowyers &
Fletchers Guild a bit as well.

I should arrive a little early myself and will have
a table, water cooler with ice water & pop-up set
up.  There's some nice shade trees to sit under so
bring your folding chairs, mugs, and any snacks you
want.  Remember the weather is turning warm so
dress accordingly & please stay hydrated.  As
always period dress is optional but always raises a
few eyebrows & questions from the locals (There's
more than a couple of ya out there whom claim the
Eastfield's archery range as your first
introduction to the SCA!).  We're going to be a bit
short on the loaner gear until I have had an
opportunity to inspect it.

So pray plan to come and join us for one or both of
our "unofficial" Archery Practices.  We hope to see
ya there!

Regards,

William Black Dragon  called "Ironwyrm"