[Steppes] All-Con

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:28:40 PDT 2007

So far, I have passes for: Myself and Constance, Lady Ashia, Duchess Willow
and Duke Johnathon, HL Saqra, Don Robin and Baroness Serina, Don Alaric, Ian
and Lord Fearadhach. I have plenty of passes left, so email me by tomorrow
if you know you're coming. We could use some more fighters and a herald
who's good with a crowd.

All-Con information

All-Con is this weekend. Everyone who's not going to Gulf Wars, please come
and support the twin baronies in our efforts to increase our population.
Passes

Passes will be at the front gate with your names on them. I'm using SCA
names since I don't know most people's legal names. Funny that.
Booth

We have a booth in the dealer's room. The dealer's room is open 3 – 10
Friday, 10 – 7 Saturday, and 11-5 Sunday. I'm verifying that we'll be able
to access the room all day Friday, even though the room will actually be
closed to the public. We can get in any time, we'll just need a security
escort.

I'll be going Friday morning to set up and will be there before the fighting
begins at noon. We have this booth for the weekend for whatever we need it
for. We can store some things there, but we don't want to make a mess.
Remember, this is the face we're presenting to the world. HL Saqra and the
artisans of the Barony are bringing things for display. If anyone has
anything they'd like to display, please bring it with you, we might be able
to use it. If you can, please polish up your armor and weapons for this
weekend. Look sharp!

I'll need everyone's help with the booth. I don't want to tie someone down
to the booth all day so I'm expecting everyone to rotate watching it and
wandering around. This way not one's stuck all day and we can all enjoy the
festivities. I would like to have at least two people in the booth at all
times to answer questions and show off the SCA.
Location

The convention is at the Crowne Plaza North Dallas, at 14315 Midway road in
Addison. Here's<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=14315+Midway+Road,+addison,+tx&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.839416,59.765625&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=32.945698,-96.838989&spn=0.008229,0.021629&om=1&iwloc=addr>a
link to Google maps.
Schedule

THERE WILL BE NO SCA TIME. We are working a demo as professionals, and we
need to be ready to go at our appointed times for our discussions/fighting.
We have only 45 minutes at a time and we don't need to be wasting it
armoring up and wasting the audience's time. Again, because it bears
repeating, THERE WILL BE NO SCA TIME.

The con starts Friday at 8:00 a.m. and basically runs continuously until
Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Of course, I'm not expecting people to be there the
whole time. The out of date schedule of panel discussions is
here<http://www.all-con.org/forms/public.pdf>.

Our Schedule is as follows:
*Friday*

12:00 Chinaberry Room – Heavy and Light fighting, all fighters.

3:00 Dogwood Room – SCA/Ansteorran History, Willow

5:00 Chinaberry Room – Heavy and Light Fighting, all fighters.

7:00 Pecan Room – Fensing, Robin

9:00 Elm Room – Period Warfare, Faelan

*Saturday*

9:00 Chinaberry Room – Heavy and Light Fighting, all fighters

11:00 Elm Room – Textiles, Saqra

7:00 Pecan Room – Fensing, Robin

*Sunday*

12:00 Chinaberry Room – Heavy and Light Fighting

12:00 Pecan Room – Textiles, Saqra

2:00 Chinaberry Room – Heavy and Light Fighting

3:00 Dogwood Room – SCA/Ansteorran history/Bardcraft, Willow.
Fighting

For the fighting times, we have a room with a built in speaker system, so I
would like to have a "herald" talk to the crowd and explain what's going on,
how combat works, why we fight, etc. Basically, work the crowd. I'm not
expecting WWF, but it would help people to know what's going on. The
sessions will last 45-50 minutes, split even between heavy and rapier
fighters.  We will need to be suited up and ready to go BEFORE our scheduled
fight time to make sure we start on time. So for Sunday, we basically get an
hour break between times. I would stay armored, but take your hat off and
get some water.

If anyone has any suggestions to make things more entertaining and engaging,
let me know. The idea is to capture people's attention and get them to come
check us out at Elfsea Springfaire.

All fighters, marshals and heralds will have to be at the Chinaberry room at
least half and hour before fight times to make sure they're armored up and
ready to go. We have been granted use of the staff's storage area behind the
stage. It's a secured area where we can leave armor and gear and dress
up/down. We just have to pick up after ourselves.
Costume Contest

There are several costume contests, one of which is period. Since we're
going to be in garb anyways, might as well enter. The rules are
here<http://www.all-con.org/msq.html>.

 See you all there!