[Steppes] OT: ISO Blind or Guidedog speakers/persons/trainers

Deb Mach dlhmach at gmail.com
Sat May 5 09:31:17 PDT 2007

Our homeschool book club is reading a book about a boy who goes blind and
eventually gets a guide dog.  As part of our activities on June 7th, I would
like to show the resourcefulness of those who are sight-impaired as well as
the resources available that make it possible for these people to lead
successful and normal lives.  I would love to have a person who is
blind/sight-impaired come to talk to our kids, or someone with a guide dog
or a person who trains guide dogs would be great as well.  Other ideas are
also welcome.  Our kids range in age from age 4 to 12.

Do you know of anyone who might be interested in talking to a small group in
Celina on June 7th to share their experience with us?

Please email me at dlhmach at gmail.com if you have any suggestions, contacts
or ideas.

Thanks,
Deb in Celina, aka Klara