[Steppes] FREE plants for the taking - herbs, vegetables, grapevines, etc.

Morgan Cain (Ret.) morgancain at earthlink.net
Sat May 26 12:03:33 PDT 2007

Hello!

I think everybody is at Warlord, but when you get back, I have FREE plants.  Yup, just come and take them.  I was told that the buyer does NOT want the herb garden or vegetable garden in the back of the house, and I think also wants the grapevines gone but I don't know if they can be transplanted unless you want to take the whole arbor.

I am not sure what has survived over the last eight months since I have been away.  Mint, of course, and I spotted at least one tomato plant when there.  There are two or three kinds of mint, thyme, and in the past I have had basil, hot peppers, banana peppers, carrots, peas, cucumbers, and melon.

You can either cut the herbs for drying, or dig the whole plant.  No need to leave the place pretty; dig as deeply as you need to because the new owners want them gone.  I'll probably have to poison the earth given how hardy some of the species are, lest they return.  The vegetables I highly recommend transplanting.  I know it's a bit late in the season, but if you are willing to try for free plants, you're welcome to them.

Haven't heard about the peach tree, and it's almost two stories high, so I'm not sure it's transplantable without a crane and a truck.

If you are interested in anything, email to me at morgancain at earthlink.net and I will let you know where to find them.  Someone will be at the house from 4:00pm to 6:00pm on Tuesday, briefly on Wednesday afternoon, and we can work out other times after that.

Let me know - what y'all don't take by June 6th or so, goes on Freecycle or rEcycle.

                                ---= f/k/a  "Little Morgan"