[Steppes] Return of Open Library -- and Book Sale

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 15:40:21 PST 2007

Dear folk of the Steppes,

Master Robin and Mistress Serena are pleased to announce the return
of Open Library Night!  This month, it will be Wednesday, November
14th.  Library hours will be 7:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.

The library has been re-configured to provide better access to the
books.  We also have a high-speed internet connection.  Hopefully, we
will have a scanner hooked up for your convenience.

This is not a lending library, so bring note paper or your laptops.

We have an extensive collection of books, including:

fencing and military history,
facsimiles of period fencing manuals,
calligraphy & illumination,
costume & fashion,
embroidery,
history (specializing in English Renaissance and American
Revolution),
 poetry,
science & mathematics,
fiction (mainly science fiction and fantasy),
heraldry,
some music and theatre (including Commedia),
legal history,
Classical and foreign languages,
a Latin Vulgate and a Greek New Testament,
and an Oxford English Dictionary.

The Annex contains the infamous Comic Book Fort, consisting of 24
long-boxes of comic books (mainly Marvel and DC, plus a complete
Elfquest), with an additional 50-100 collections and graphic novels
on the shelves.

IN ADDITION, this month we will be having a BOOK SALE!  We have 4-5
crates of books that we're getting rid of.  No reasonable offer will
be refused.

--Serena

Use your favorite online mapping gizmo to locate us at:

7135 Vinland St.
Dallas, TX  75227-1829

214-388-8156