[Steppes] Steppes Fighter Practice 11-24-2007

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Nov 27 19:40:37 PST 2007

Heilsa,

Four Sunday of Eleventh Month of Year
Morning - Gray and Overcast
Cold Rain greeted one and all
Noon and rain had cease
Wind from North
Slight in strength
Faithful arrived with Hopes
Not of Yule
That Practice would be Held
No need to Worry - Gathering was there
New Shield now strapped
Working upon Approaches
In all, Good Time was had

Remember all are Welcome
Any are eligible to Attend
Welcome to them
With the following exception:
Not some kind of Politically Correct
Elitist Liberal Environmental
Wacko Activist Weasel with
Leftist Leanings.
We will take some good old Greedy Capitalist
Polluting Achievers any day.
Otherwise there is no discrimination.
Just some words someone past on to me earlier.

Upcoming Events:
December:
Regional Fighter Practice
December 1st -
This practice is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. and will run until at
least 4 p.m.
Centurion Hrafn has secured a pavilion at Bob Eden park in Euless, TX.
901 Mid-Cities Blvd West, Euless, Texas 76039.

http://www.euless.org/pacs/rental/pavilions.htm
<http://www.euless.org/pacs/rental/pavilions.htm> (Website of the parks)

http://tinyurl.com/ywsfdg <http://tinyurl.com/ywsfdg> (tiny URL to the
google map of the location)

Because we have these pavilions, this will be a rain-or-shine event. I
n the event of slightly inclement weather, we'll be able to fight under the
pavilion by moving the tables. If it's really cold, we'll stoke the bbq
pits with coals for heat. This event will not be canceled for anything other
than an ice storm, dear friends.

We will have some visitors from far off lands visiting us as well.

Earl Duncan will be visiting from his new home in the Outlands, and
the Baron of Terra Pomaria of the Kingdom of An-Tir, Sir Roland will
be joining us as well.

This practice will begin at 11 a.m. I'm sure some of us will be there
earlier. We'll likely go until it's too dark to fight. Authorizations may be
possible, if you need authorization please contact the Central Regional
Knight
Marshal, Sior Tomas to ensure proper paperwork is available.
Please contact me if you have any other questions, and I look forward to
seeing you there!

This past Sunday, back to the basics for everyone. Work upon Shield
techniques, footwork, basic swordsmanship, shield design, and just
generally hanging out.

Then off to one of the local buffets for dinner.

Total in attendance: 7

On attendance this day:
Clan Ross:
Centurion Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Duncan)

Condottieri:
Centurion Cionaodh O'Hosey
HLady Honour du Bois - {Squire to Sir Galen of Bristol (KSCA - Knight in
SCA)}
        - Seneschal of Canton of Lindenwood
Lord Michael Kettering - Steppes Knight Marshal

Rob

John of Green
  and his lady, Annwn

YIS,