[Steppes] Averial is in the hospital

Karen Calhoun KMCalhou at garlandisd.net
Tue Nov 13 05:35:27 PST 2007

I saw Averial last night.  She is in great spirits but a goodly amount of pain.  She is handling it with more grace and dignity than any other lady could.

She has 2 breaks to the upper right arm (humurous?).  Other than her arm, she sustained no other damage from the accident.  They are doing the surgery on Tuesday, probably later in the day.  Averial hopes to be out and home again by the end of the week.

The kids are under control.  Averial taught them well and they are handling the situation as well as can be expected.

The bike is still in good shape but she will need a new helmet.  If you know Averial, you know that she's a hard-headed woman and it was actually an asset to her.  ;-)  Averial is determined to ride again.  She may have to wait until the spring rains pass, but she will ride once more.

She wanted me to pass on her thanks for your prayers and well wishes.  There is still a long road ahead but the thought of riding Cinnamon (her bike) will make that road shorter.

As Averial says:  Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Katya/Karen

>>> "Alasdair MacEogan" <alasdair at bmhanson.net> 11/11/2007 9:25 PM >>>
For those interested, I thought I would pass on that Averial was in a motorcycle accident earlier today and is in the hospital.  Last I heard she will be fine.  She broke her upper arm in 2 places and is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning.  Other than that there are assorted scrapes and bruises, but she was wearing a helmet.

Sher is in Centennial Medical Center in Frisco, Room 3329

Alasdair