[Steppes] OT: I need your help with the Lone Star Ride Fighting AIDS

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 04:03:14 PDT 2007

Please forgive the off topic message, but this is important to me and I wanted to contact as many people as possible.

In 2004 I lost my sister to AIDS; she was 46 and had been fighting the disease for more than 10 years.  To honor her memory I will be a rider in the Lone Star Ride to benefit local clinics. Please consider giving to this important cause.

Remember, if you make a contribution, to use my name and rider number,

Thank you,

Barbara Downs
Rider# 123

                       Please Help Me Raise $2,500
to Fight AIDS in North Texas! 150 Miles
in the Texas HEAT!         Please Sponsor Me: Rider #123 in the Lone Star Ride           :: Where Your Money Goes: COBRA Insurance Payments         :: Does Your Company Offer Charitble Matching Grants?         :: Where Your Money Goes: Food Pantries for People with HIV/AIDS
       Greetings!
 I am riding in the Lone Star Ride Fighting AIDS (LSR). The Lone Star Ride is a 150 mile, two-day bike ride that raises money for three AIDS Services providers in DFW: AIDS Services of Dallas, The Resource Center of Dallas and AIDS Outreach Center of Tarrant County.

These organizations provide vital support to people with AIDS/HIV in North Texas: HIV testing, Counseling, Housing, Food Pantries, Hot Meal service and much more. This year, all of these agencies have experienced large budget cuts because of reductions in the Ryan White Care Act (Over $100,000 has been cut at the Resource Center of Dallas). Your contribution is more important this year than ever to keep funding vital services to people with HIV/AIDS.
 Every dollar raised by LSR riders goes directly to provide these services. LSR is the only AIDS Ride with 100% return of rider dollars to beneficiaries. And, your sponsorship is 100% Tax Deductible!
 No gift is too small...and no gift is ever too BIG!

Click Here to Sponsor me.
    Your $100 Donation Enters You Into a Drawing for 2 American Airlines Tickets!

Click Here to Sponsor Me Now!          Where Your Money Goes
COBRA Payments for people with HIV

People living with HIV CANNOT afford to let their health insurance lapse. If they do, they become, for all practical purposes, uninsurable in the future. No insurance means the drugs that make AIDS a manageable illness are no longer affordable.

People with HIV who have been laid off are often faced with large COBRA payments in order to keep their health insurance benefits. Sometimes it's a choice between buying groceries, paying rent and paying for insurance. The Resource Center of Dallas has a program that helps clients keep their COBRA Premiums paid so their health insurance does not lapse.

Click Here to Sponsor me Now!
          Matching Grants
Make your contribution go further

Please Check with Your HR department about Matching Grants Some companies provide matching grants and will match their employees charitable contributions dollar for dollar. This is a GREAT way for you to help me get to my goal and it will cost you nothing! Please check with your HR department to see if your company has a matching grant program.
 If you need a receipt to get matching grant funds, you can print one out when your online donation is complete. Below is information you need to give your HR Department for Matching Grants.
 Resource Center of Dallas in cooperation with AIDS Outreach Center of Tarrant County and AIDS Services of Dallas, is doing business as Lone Star Ride Fighting AIDS. The Resource Center of Dallas is a 501(C)3 tax exempt agency (tax ID number: 75-1892059)
 2701 Reagan · PO Box 190869 · Dallas TX 75219 · phone 214 528-0144 · fax  214 522-4604

    Where Your Money Goes
Food Pantries for people with HIV/AIDS

Both the AIDS Outreach Center of Tarrant County and the Resource Center of Dallas operate food pantries that are available to clients with HIV/AIDS. In many cases these clients are living on limited incomes and would not otherwise be able to afford groceries.

Click Here to Sponsor me Now!

                 Your generous contribution to my Lone Star Ride effort will be appreciated by me and by the thousands of people whose lives will be improved as a result of your gift.

   Sincerely,

Barbara Downs

   Lone Star Ride Fighting AIDS Rider

     Forward email
       This email was sent to alysd38 at yahoo.com, by alysd38 at yahoo.com
   Email Marketing by
    Rider #123 | 1100 W. 7th St. | Apt 811 | Fort Worth | TX | 76102