[Steppes] 12th nite site/Fish Hatchery

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Tue Sep 25 07:03:25 PDT 2007

HL Catalina asked:

> Can anyone explain what makes the TPWD Fish hatchery
> a good site for 12th night?

It will cost about 1/4 of what Sokol will this year, for one thing.  The
event steward went to look at it and determined that it will work for us,
for another.  Finally, the site liaison for TPWD will be Mistress Rhiannon,
who completely understands what we need and why.

> I thought we were staying away from Texas Parks
> because its illegal to have alchohol on site.

Not quite.  We are staying away from Texas Parks *whenever* it is illegal
to have alcohol on site.  For parks, that's all the time.  But the fish
hatchery conservation building isn't a park; it's a conference center.  We
cannot have alcohol there when the hatchery is open to the public, but we
can have it after 5:00.  That makes this the first Twelfth Night in many
years to which we can bring our own alcohol.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin