[Steppes] Everyone OK??

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Apr 10 08:16:01 PDT 2008

I am very happy that no one has yet announced any injuries or real structural damage.  of course thos who had them probably are not on the internet at the moment.

Our lovely Baroness did drive by the storage facility this morning after hearing secondhand that it was a possibility that the storage facility was destroyed.  It seems that while tere are power lines down around it, the facility is in tact.

Now this made me wonder about the park for fighter practice.  My parents live right by the park (you can look east from where practice is held and see down their street) and as they DID have structural damage to their home I know it got hit pretty hard.  There are downed lines and I am told the large power poles are bent over in places.

So, if someone is convenient to the area, it may be a good idea to drive by the park to make sure it is not in a state that may preclude fighter practice there on Sunday.  I figure it might be nice for the fighters that attend to have as much notice of possible issues as they can get.  This may allow for the practice to me moved if necessary.  Hopefully and most likely it will not be necessary though.

Alasdair