[Steppes] Everyone ok (Weather Roll Call)?

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:04:30 PDT 2008

> > Yeah, the sirens screamed, the TV flickered, the computer
> crashed (and I was
> > winning, darn it!), and we had a lot of rain and wind.
> Other than that, nada.
> >
> > Saqra
> All right here in Addison. Holed up with Julio and Elec and
> put the cats in the bathroom while it passed just to be safe.
>
> -Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel None is deceived
> but he who trusts too much.

Murphy Reporting Station, House Dreamwind of the Shadowed Moon:
More rain currently, sirens never chirped as far as I could tell.
Heaviest rain from the first major wave was at a 2 inch per hour rate,
but maybe only for two minutes.  Will know more in the morning.

Mansfield / Cedar Hill / I-20 corridor may have taken a pounding -- saw
video / snaps from Mansfield that looks like up to four inches or more
of hail / sleet accumulation, and the radar indication wasn't looking
good for Mesquite & maybe even south Garland.

North-west Elfsea reports were up to softball-sized hail and windows
punched out.  Any other word from the (further) west?

Amra / Kihe / Mike