[Steppes] The Dream

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Wed Apr 23 06:03:56 PDT 2008

Quoting Lyneya:
"We are the keepers of our own dreams. There is no one else we should depend on to keep our dream alive. My dream is my dream. Simply by the virtue of being a dream, it is only in MY head....MY heart...and I am the only one that can make and keep it real for me."

I have been watching and "listening" to this thread.  Some responses have angered me others set me to thinking.  I feel that Lyneya has hit the nail on the head.

We are responsible for how the SCA (and all it's parts) change, grow, and are presented to outsiders.  If you don't like what you see, fix it.  If it doesn't work for you, change it.  If you want your world to expand, nurture it.

I have spent many years of my life wondering why all these amazing things happened to other people and not to me.  When I became a teacher, I discovered the power of self.  If you want great things to happen, the best place to start is with yourself.  Don't wait for the world to notice you, get yourself noticed.  Toot your own horn!  No one else will.

Surround yourself with people who are like-minded.  If you are high-persona, then be with the high-persona people.  If you like to do the bard-thing, then talk with them.  Fighters hang with fighters.  It gives you a common bond and you don't feel alone.  Find people that you can work with and that also share your vision.  Success will come more quickly when you work with the support of others.

Most importantly, lead by example.  Sitting around wondering why the world is collapsing around you isn't helpful.  Get up, volunteer, participate, and let your voice be heard.  If it still falls apart, you can say you tried.  If you sit there, you didn't do anything but let it happen.

The SCA is what we make of it.  If you want more, then do more.  Ghandi said:  "Be the change you want to see in the world."

HLy Ekaterina Iadorovna Kharlampieva
known by most as Katya