[Steppes] New baronial discussion group -- How the SCA Works

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Aug 1 20:46:46 PDT 2008

The SCA is a co-operative game.  It works because we all work together and
play together.

This leads to an obvious question - how does it work, and what can you do
to become a bigger part of it?

Every month, Robin and Serena will take one aspect of the SCA and discuss
how it's supposed to work, how it really does work, and how you can be part
of it.  Topics will include the social structure, the award system, the
officers, how events work, and other topics to be chosen based on the
suggestions of the attendees.

So come to Robin and Serena's house at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, August 25, 2008
for the first topic:

THE SCA SOCIAL STRUCTURE

We will discuss the SCA, the kingdom of Ansteorra, the Barony of the
Steppes, and how it all fits together.  It will be an open discussion, with
the intent of explaining what you would like to hear about the SCA social
structure.

Use your favorite online mapping gizmo to locate us at:

7135 Vinland St.
Dallas, TX  75227-1829

214-663-2326 (Serena's cell)

Please note that the online mapping gizmos are not totally accurate -- they
ALL come up with a house halfway down the block from us.  Once you are on
Vinland, go by the numbers posted on the houses, not the online "street
view".  Look for the house in the middle of the block with a rose garden
including a small statue of St. Francis.

Please be careful when crossing the construction zone around our
neighborhood -- the road is torn up, and if you're not careful, your car
will be, too.

Carpooling is encouraged - it gives you somebody to talk about it with on
the way home.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Serena Lascelles / Diane Rudin