[Steppes] Opinions/Discussions Wanted On Subject of Moving Business Meeting To A New Day

jack spinks jlspinks at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 6 09:04:20 PDT 2008

I rarely comment on this but I will throw my two pence in for what little it is worth.

  1) as several have commented- business meeting is for the officers to deal with business.  It is also a time when those not officers can take a look to see what is going on or submit bids etc.
  2) I used to attend business meetings regularly but, for me, since I moved to Midlothian, it is now an 80 mile round trip and my attendance is not necessary. With gas cost being what it is- that  means a cost of 10-20 bucks and an hour or more of frustration in traffic to attend a meeting that I do not need to. Sorry- I have better ways of spending time and money.
  3) I will wait for populace on Friday night or monitor the list for discussion of topics if and when they are posted.  Even with Populace- if it is too far to the north- I, for one, will not often attend for the same reasons noted in 2 above unless I have a strong reason to do so.
  4) I have no objection to where and when it currently is- most folks live in the northern reaches- so it makes sense for populace and business meeting to be where they are.

  Jaque the Spink

Eric Dickey <dietrich.von.greyssen at gmail.com> wrote:
  Good Evening everyone.

Well, if you missed business meeting then you missed a very good and lively
discussion on the subject of moving business meeting to another day.

As I promised, I am posting this to the list to ask for a civil discussion
on this topic.

I am not saying a particular day of the month....ie not the first Monday,
Tuesday, etc of the month, but a day that could accommodate MOST of the
populace the chance to attend business meeting. Right now, we have a
vibrant and growing fighter practice being held on Tuesdays and I for one
would like to have some if not all of the gentles attending the practice at
Business Meeting should they choose to come to it.

So, use this list and this thread to say what day you think would be good to
hold a business meeting. Why? Why not? Everyone's opinion is welcomed.

Let the Civil Discussion begin.

Dietrich